Connecticut Business Owners Package (BOP)
Basic Coverages Offered
The three primary coverages included in the BOP are designed to offer the appropriate coverages that are typically required on a broad basis.
- Commercial General Liability – This important coverage provides protection for you or your business when you are held liable for injuries suffered by a third party.
- Property Insurance – The property insurance coverage provides protection for buildings and business personal property that you or your business owns. This important coverage is provided for all perils unless specifically excluded in the policy.
- Business Interruption Insurance – If your business loses income resulting from a covered peril such as a fire or natural disaster, business interruption coverage will reimburse you for the lost income. This coverage can also include any extra expenses of operating your business from a temporary location.
Optional Coverages Available
Even though the BOP provides comprehensive coverage for most businesses, there are many endorsements (add-ons) that can be added to accommodate many types of business operations and meet your individual needs:
- Attached or freestanding signs
- Worldwide laptop coverage
- Money & Securities off-premise
- Personal property of others
- Equipment Breakdown
- Hired and non-owned auto
- Outdoor property
- Key replacement and locksmith
- Cyber liability
- Employee Dishonesty
- Fine Arts
Your business is the result of capital that you risked and many hours of strategic planning and in most cases, significant funds are borrowed for the startup. It makes no sense to purchase a cookie-cutter insurance policy to protect your business when a policy can be tailored to meet your individual needs. Since the BOP offers a broad range of coverages to protect you from a broad range of risks, it is the best policy selection if you own a qualifying business. Contact New England Insurance for further details and a free and confidential quote. (203) 367-2222.