Connecticut Boat Insurance
Enjoy your time on the water, without the worry …
Whether you’re skimming across the lake on a blue-skied afternoon, sailing out of the harbor under a glowing sunset, or zipping around on a speedy new watercraft, you know that time on the water is time well spent.
Boat insurance allows you to sit back and enjoy that leisure time, knowing your safety, your passengers’ safety, and your investment is well protected.
Here at New England Realty & Insurance, we can provide a level of protection to suit every boat-owner’s needs — and the average cost is less than $1 a day.
Here are a few things to consider while you’re shopping around for Connecticut watercraft insurance or boat insurance:
- The destination. Think about where you’ll be using your boat or watercraft. Will you need protection that stretches to 75 miles from the U.S. coast, or are you planning longer jaunts?
- The value. Just like cars, watercrafts depreciate over time, so it’s important to insurance yours properly.
- The potential for accidents. Consider the types of situations that could happen out on the water, and how you can protect yourself in the event of an accident:
- Liability: Coverage in the event you harm another boat or boat-owner.
- Medical payments: Coverage for the cost of care that may be needed after a boating accident, regardless of who is at fault.
- Physical damage coverage: Coverage for the cost to repair or replace a watercraft, its motor, anything permanently attached equipment, or a lost/stolen trailer.
- Unattached equipment coverage: Coverage for repairing or replacing items like lifesaving equipment, water skis, anchors, and oars.
- Uninsured/Underinsured coverage: Boat coverage is not always required, so what happens if you’re struck by a boater who is underinsured or uninsured? This coverage pays for medical treatment, lost wages, and costs associated with the accident.
- Personal effects: If your boat’s loaded with expensive scuba/snorkeling gear or fishing equipment, this covers you in the event it all goes overboard.
- Fuel spill liability/Wreckage removal: If your boat leaks oil or fuel in the event of a wreck or sinking, this covers the clean-up that’s required by law.
- Emergency assistance: Think of this as “seaside assistance.” This package covers towing, labor, and assistance if your watercraft is disabled on the water.
Interested to learning more about watercraft insurance or boat insurance through New England Insurance?
Just call (203) 367-2222 to speak with one of our friendly agents, and we can discuss the level of boat insurance or watercraft insurance coverage that’s right for you.