Connecticut Homeowners Insurance
You love where you live. Make sure it’s protected.
Home is the place where you feel the most like yourself, and that’s worth protecting.
Residents of Connecticut understand that their home is more than boards and nails. It is the place where individuals and families create and build families, form communities, and build their dreams. When we consider that our home is typically our most valuable asset, it makes good sense to protect it with a comprehensive homeowner’s insurance policy.
Understand Your Package of Coverages
Similar to the personal auto policy, the homeowner’s insurance policy provides a package of coverages that protect your home, your personal belongings, and your personal liability.
• Dwelling: Dwelling coverage protects the structure of your home and will pay for repairs for damages or, in the event of a total loss, a complete rebuild due to a covered peril subject to your deductible.
• Other Structures: Many homeowners have unattached structures on their property such as a workshop or free-standing garage. This coverage will pay for repairing damages or replacing any structures that are not attached to your home.
• Personal Property (Contents): Anything within your home that is not attached to it is considered personal property. Your home insurance will pay to repair or replace any of your damaged personal property resulting from a covered peril, subject to your deductible.
• Personal Liability: Your personal liability coverage will cover you and your family if you are found liable for injuries to a third party that occur on your property or in your home.
• Medical Payments: The medical payments coverage is similar to your personal liability coverage except liability does not have to be proven for a third party to collect benefits.
• Loss of Use: If a covered peril causes damage to your property, and you and your family must live elsewhere while your home is under repair, your will be reimbursed for the expenses that result from the loss of use of your home.
• Optional Coverages: While most Connecticut home insurance policies contain a list of core coverages, there are also optional coverages such as water-backup, scheduled personal property, mold coverage, and identity theft that can be added for an additional premium.
We’ll Walk and Talk You Through It
The New England Insurance licensed professionals are delighted to take the necessary time to discuss each available coverage and how it will benefit you and your family. We understand that homeowner’s insurance can be confusing and that Connecticut residents have different needs. We are available to design a comprehensive package of coverages that will meet your individual needs at an affordable price. We will always put you and your household first.
We encourage Connecticut residents to contact us by phone, email, text, or message to get a free and confidential quote for all your insurance needs. (203) 367-2222.